We have welcomed walkers, riders, cyclists and other holiday-makers for 20 years at Hotel Los Bérchules and have acquired a wide knowledge of routes and points of interest in this unique region of Spain. You can benefit from our experience on a holiday specially devised for you.
Inclusive one-week walking holiday
This is your chance for a wonderfully invigorating seven days, walking in fresh mountain air, relaxing in pleasant surroundings, eating wholesome home-cooked meals; all in a friendly atmosphere with no decisions to make from the moment you arrive at the airport of your choice. The holiday includes:
- 7 nights accommodation with breakfast and three-course evening meal
- Transport to & from Almeria, Granada or Malaga airports.
- 4 picnic lunches
- Printed route notes, personal advice, telephone backup and guidance on all walks.
- Transport to the beginning/end of selected walks, when required.
- Tea tray in room and all hotel amenities.
The walks will be selected from our own Walks Menu which includes a wide variety of walks of varying lengths and degrees of difficulty. As Berchules is situated in the centre of the Alpujarras and on the threshold of the Sierra Nevada National Park it is ideal for exploring the variety of different terrains, the unspoilt white-washed villages and even the high mountain peaks. You will be overwhelmed by the vast spaces and the magnificent views and you will be submerged in peace and tranquility. You will stay the whole week at Hotel Los Bérchules being looked after by Wendy and Alejandro Tamborero and their staff as if you were friends or family.
Price: €540 per person based on two people sharing a twin room. Supplement for single occupancy of a twin room: €150. 10% discount for parties of over 4 people.
Not included are: flights, personal insurance or drinks from the bar.
Contact us to make an enquiry or reservation.
Two-centre walking holiday
During this holiday you will explore two different parts of the Alpujarras; the West including the high peaks, and the Central Alpujarras around Bérchules. Hotel Los Bérchules, is your home base and you will also stay at our partner hotel in Trevélez, La Fragua.Itinerary.
- Day 1. Arrive and settle in at Hotel Los Bérchules.
- Day 2. Breakfast followed by the best introductory walk to Junta de los RÍos and the ruined Moorish silk factory.
- Day 3. A circular walk from Bérchules through the five Berber villages of Alcutar, Narila, Cadiar, Lobras and Timar.
- Day 4. We take you East, to Yegen, former home of the Bloomsbury writer Gerald Brenan, author of the famous memoir, South from Granada. From there you walk back to Berchules via Mecina Bombaron. You will appreciate the variety of landscapes and vistas in this less known part of the Alpujarras.
- Day 5. After breakfast you set off up the hill to cross the Sierra to Trevelez and arrive at La Fragua in plenty of time for dinner. It's a wonderful day of spectacular views and Golden Eagle sightings.
- Day 6. A gentle walk up north of Trevelez to the intriguingly named Río Culo de Perro (Dog's Backside river) on a delightful, if damp!, circuit.
- Day 7. Today’s walk takes you up into the highest land in mainland Spain, above Trevélez to the eerie and beautiful Siete Lagunas (Seven Lakes) that nestle to the north of Mulhacén.
- Day 8. Relax around Trevélez and return to the airport.
Price: €640 per person based on two people sharing a twin room.
Supplement for single occupancy of a twin room: €175.
With no airport transfers deduct €75.
10% discount for parties of over 4 people.
- A holiday can be booked to start on any day of the week.
- The above itinerary is only a sample. There are many alternative routes of varying length and difficulty which can be substituted to suit walking ability and weather conditions. Rest days and excursions can also be included.
- When booking just ask for any suggestions and we'll build a holiday around your needs rather than you feeling you have to fit into a fixed itinerary!